In order to provide the best visitor experience solution and increase your advertising revenue, one must know the key points to customer satisfaction. And in order to provide customer satisfaction, you must know the best marketing approach to drive deeper awareness and engagement. Interactive kiosks, digital signages, and mobile apps make up the Omnichannel solution. But do you know that every screen in the Omnichannel can produce enough revenue to pay for itself and even more?
So what are the most popular ways to drive revenue across these different screens? See below as we break out the fundamentals and then drive into real-world numbers and finally how you can get started.
Do you have a high traffic area, store or lobby? Then digital signage is a proven medium for awareness and driving revenue in many ways
- Merchandising: This type of digital signage is meant to merchandise the end user’s goods and services, increase sales and build brand awareness. An example would be the clothing company American Eagle is featuring branded videos with music, text, and interviews in each of their retail locations and increased revenues by 10% within the first 30days.
- Advertising: This type of digital signage advertises content for multiple brands and is aimed solely at increasing advertising revenue. In many cases, this content is both informational and entertaining. For example, travelers waiting at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport view digital signage that features diverse advertising supplied from a network operator. Generating millions of dollars a year in ad revenue for the airport.
- Informational: This type of digital signage is purely for informational and entertainment purposes. Its goal is to enhance the customer experience, expose the viewer to unknown places, things to do and sometimes to decrease perceived wait time. An example would be digital signage in hotel lobbies, bringing you local information, things to do, and getting you excited about what awaits you both on property and in destination. Done properly hotels use this to drive revenue for ticketing, spa and restaurant reservations. Seeing increases in initial bookings while checking in.
Providing new engagement points for your customers and guests, driving easy sharing and navigation to new points of engagement.
- Interactive Advertising- Image a screen big enough to advertise and push content and video. Then image the ability for users to click, navigate learn and transact. You have a powerful tool to not only drive consistent Ad revenue but also provide real analytics and transaction options. Sanibel Captiva Chamber generates over $300k per year selling advertising on its kiosks and displays
- Ticketing and Booking- Advertising comes to life as you provide options to engage in real-time pricing and availability. Drive more points of revenue by ticketing to local attractions, or to hotel events and more. Partner with Ticketmaster and Trip advisor to truly extend the interactive experience from Kiosk to mobile. Hilton Minneapolis generates over $30k per year in ticket sales through its partnership with Trip Advisor Viator ticketing
- Reservations- Utilizing direct systems and OpenTable guests and users can easily book reservations to their favorite restaurants and local amenities such as spa and pool services. Offer travelers notifications on offers and share information with their groups and travel companions right from the Kiosk directly to their phone. Organizations that implement these tools see deeper guest engagement and increased revenue by convenience and relationships.
- Advertising Personalized – Mobile offers you the same functionality as Kiosk to generate revenue through advertising banner ads, pop ups and more. However within most apps you can allow one to one connection of ad and ticketing revenue. By providing your customers and travelers options to engage with ad instantly through your mobile interface or social connections you provide multiple points of ad engagement.
- Transactions through mobile – easy and convenient and you can personalize your messaging. With users logged in you can learn more about your customers and customize the messaging. Marriot reward members get personalized messages sent to them about events and ways to use their points for upgrades and more. They see 5x spend increase with members using their BonVoy app
What ad, ticketing or booking program would be complete without key data to help with retargeting and truly showing return on investment for your advertisers
- Behavioral data – Easily track how many eyeballs see their ads through people count and demographic recognition, monitor how people use the Kiosk and Mobile app, and show real-time data when people click on an ad or business
- Profiles and information- Connect the dots on the customer journey while getting a deeper knowledge of what your customers and travelers want. Compile data on what is clicked by user, sharing this data with your advertisers. Couple this with demographic information and you have a powerful advertising sales tool and ways to help your business be more effective
How to pull this off: Using the Omnichannel to drive revenue and learn more about your customers and travelers.
- Find an Omnichannel provider that can extend your existing systems through Kiosk, Digital Signage, and Mobile
- Ensure the system has an effective advertising module that will allow you to sell your own advertising or connect directly with Google DFP or third parties that will sell advertising for you
- Ensure the providers has experience with building integrations between existing ticketing systems or key providers to extend services without a lot of hassle and upfront costs
With proven case studies and solutions purchasing new technology for customer and traveler experiences can pay for itself within the first year. When done right, you will have happier stakeholders, advertising partners, and customers. If you want to learn more about creating a revenue plan for your organization and how you can extend new experiences to drive engagement. Reach out we will be happy to show you how our solution works and help you build a plan that works for your organization or business. Contact us: email@example.com