A new approach to corporate Internal/Corporate communications
Large lcd/led displays, smart screens, informational kiosks, video walls and door display impress visitors without a doubt — but another powerful benefit of digital signage is its impact on corporate internal communications.
- Digital signage enables organizations to display important and time-sensitive messages in a way that captures viewer attention by providing a visual experience — and one that can be audio and interactive as well.
- Due to the enhanced sensory experience of digital signage, viewers not only pay attention to the message, they remember it. Studies indicate that visual messaging leads to greater retention than text-only communication.
- While digital screens can be placed anywhere in a facility (or group of facilities), messages can be controlled centrally and through the cloud, ensuring that corporate communication is consistent and adheres to all requirements for branding, conformance, etc.
- Centrally controlled digital networks also facilitate real-time communication, having incalculable value in emergency situations.
- In addition to improving emergency response effectiveness, real-time communication of performance versus goal and other data that monitors organizational KPIs — gives managers and work teams the ability to improve efficiency and results.
- Digital signage for corporate internal communications gives employees a sense that the organization is professional, forward thinking and efficient. When outdated billboards and posters are used to convey corporate messages, the opposite impression may be left on the workforce.
- Digital signage messaging is easier to convey than sending mass emails that may never be read and avoid wasting paper on newsletters or notices.
Uses of Digital Signage for Corporate Communications
Organizations use digital signage for a host of communication need. Here are a few popular applications:
- Performance dashboards. Monitoring KPI data is widely used in call centers, but also is effective for manufacturing operations and other facilities where safety, nimbleness and/or tactical responsiveness are important for success.
- Safety messaging. By adding animation and other visually engaging elements to safety communications, messages are better internalized by staff.
- Training information. Visual, interactive training information speeds the learning curve and facilitates better retention. Furthermore, when training is “gamified,” it better conforms to the training style preferred by younger, digitally native trainees.
- Wayfinding. Digital signage, meeting room door displays, and interactive kiosks help trainees and visitors from other locations feel at home — and help them get where they need to go on time.
- Motivation and employee engagement. Many organizations display motivational messages periodically, which can have a powerful cumulative effect. Employee engagement can be improved by communicating corporate news relating to employee recognition, notable employee and company achievements, status of corporate initiatives, etc.
A powerful digital network consists of the right choice and positioning of screens, the proper supporting hardware and software, a sophisticated communication strategy, content creation, training and testing. If you’d like to explore the potential of digital signage for corporate communications in your business, please contact us today. We are eager to learn more about your needs and develop a strategic plan to implement, upgrade or enhance your system. email@example.com