Regardless of your market, if you desire to improve customer experience, first you want to understand your customers’ holistic perception of their experience with your business or brand.
CX is the result of every interaction a customer has with your business, from navigating the website to talking to customer service and receiving the product/service they bought from you. Everything you do impacts your customers’ perception and their decision to keep coming back or not—so a great customer experience is key to success.
56% of CEOs and 66% of top managers are involved in Customer Experience (Lumoa)
Traveling and Tourism
- 48% percent of U.S. smartphone users are comfortable researching, booking and planning their entire trip to a new travel destination using only a mobile device. (Source: TrekkSoft)
- 90% of travelers worldwide say they expect a personalized experience when they book their travel. (Source: Medium)
- Experience is the name of the game in travel today. In fact, 67% of high-income travelers said they would rather spend their money on activities than a nicer hotel room. (Source: Skift)
- In the U.S., 26% of travel searches in the fourth quarter of 2018 occurred on a mobile device. (Source: Sojourn)
- Local Travel-related searches for “tonight” and “today” have grown over 150% on mobile, over the past two years.
- 65% of millennial travelers say they wanted automated check in, check out
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas found that hotel guests who text its chatbot, Rose, spend up to 30% more money than those who don’t. (Source: Skift)
- 94% of business travelers and 80% of leisure travelers value the ability to use their smartphones to request service and message hotel staff.
- According to Deloitte’s guest experience survey, when hotels understand their guests, stay frequency increases by 13 percent.
- 61% of hotel guests are attracted to a hotel loyalty program based on experiences rather than a point-based system.
- 53% of millennial shoppers feel that store associates do not have the tools they need to deliver great customer service, (Salesforce)
- 54% of consumers feel more loyal to brands that show a deep understanding of their preferences and priorities (Wunderman).
- The majority of consumers (80%) are more likely to purchase from a company that offers personalized experiences. – Edelman
- 87% of consumers begin their shopping journey with digital, a jump from 71% in 2017. – Salesforce
- 82% of consumers consult their phones while they’re in a store deciding what product to buy. One in 10 of those people end up buying a different product than they had planned. – Think With Google
- 74% of customers say an easy to read menu is their top priority.
- 80% of adults have seen digital signage in the past month and 70% subsequently made an unplanned purchase.
- 29.5% of customers find digital menus influential for purchase of product.
- 30% increase in consumer spending when ordering through self-service (McDonalds)
- “Customers of all ages are now looking for digital interactions in restaurants, especially ones that provide them with a faster and easier dining experience,” Faily says.
Send us an email and we’ll be more than happy to share with you what we have learned and done and how we can help you accomplish your customer and brand experience goals email@example.com.